Search

Gang ringleader banned from Wood Green

15:11 25 January 2011

Rowan Lopez: banned from glamourising gang culture

Rowan Lopez: banned from glamourising gang culture

Archant

A GANG ringleader has been banned from using the internet to glamourise street violence after a police sting.

Rowan Lopez, 23, from Bounds Green, has also been barred from entering parts of Wood Green after he breached the restrictions on his existing ASBO four times.

The antisocial behaviour order, which was due to run out in July, has now been extended until January 14, 2013, after a hearing at Highgate Magistrates Court on Wednesday, January 12.

Lopez had been spotted by cops loitering with gangsters, who were part of a mob known to mass outside homes, bars and venues in Wood Green, and also posting videos online showing him inciting people to violence and promoting gang activity.

A 10 point order forbids Lopez from uploading anything inflammatory on to the internet, associating with known gangsters and carrying a weapon in public. He has also been banned from entering an area that extends from Alexandra Park to the New River Sports Centre.

Breaching the ASBO again could result in a fine or up to five years behind bars.

Superintendent Chris Barclay, acting borough commander for Haringey, said: “Lopez’s repeated breaches of the previously imposed conditions show that he has not attempted to remove himself from gang related activity. The extended prohibitions now cover every aspect of his antisocial behaviour and will not allow him to continue to be involved in such activity without facing the consequences of his actions.

“The restrictions that have been placed on his use of the internet reinforce our message that violent crime is unacceptable and that behaviour glamourising acts of violence will not be tolerated.”

Latest News Stories

Friday, August 28, 2015
The fancy dress dodgeball competition is set to come to Finsbury Park next weekend.

The UK’s biggest fancy dress dodgeball festival will arrive in Finsbury Park for the first time next weekend.

Monday, August 24, 2015
Two full days of Tube strikes were planned for this week (Photo by Matthew Lloyd/Getty Images)

The Tube strikes due to take place this week have been called off by all three unions but more action has been announced for September 8 and 10. Unite and RMT unions, with the TSSA expected to follow suit imminently.

Thursday, August 13, 2015
Commander David Musker said the Metropolitan Police 'regrets' the fatal shooting of Dean Joseph following a hostage siege

A Metropolitan Police commander has said the force “regrets” the killing of a man who was shot dead after taking his ex-girlfriend hostage and extended sympathy to his family.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015
The flashr targeted women on the Northern line between Camden Town and Euston

London Underground drivers will not be joining two fresh strikes later this month over the night Tube dispute.

Most read news

Competitions

Happy viewing!

MyOffers are giving you that chance to win an amazing Samsung 55” Curve HD TV.

Get ready to take in the beautiful sights of London from above!

Are you always seeking unique ways to see your favourite city? This one is for you.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Tottenham Journal e-edition today E-edition
Family Notices 24


Our trusted business finder